2013 Awards Dinner: MCRC's Executive Director Marceline White (right) and Board President Robin McKinney (left) pose with award-winners Lea Gilmore (center), Del. Luke Clippinger (center-left) and Paul Bland at our 2013 awards event on Nov. 8, 2013.
MCRC's 2014 Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony will be Thurs. Nov. 13 from 6 pm to 9 pm at the The Gathering Place, 6120 Day Long Lane, Clarksville, MD 21929.
Over the last decade, MCRC's annual meeting has grown into Maryland's largest annual celebration of consumer rights. This year, we will honor::
Hearty appetizers and desserts from the award-winning "Puttin' on the Ritz" caterers will be served along with complimentary wine and beer and other beverages.
- Mark Kaufman -- Former Maryland Commissioner of Financial Regulation, now counselor for U.S. Treasury Dept. -- Consumer Advocate of the Year
- Louise Carwell -- Maryland Legal Aid Bureau -- Legal Champion of the Year.
- Del. Steve Lafferty -- Del. MD's 42nd District -- Legislative Achievement of the Year.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau -- the new federal agency working to protect consumers against financial fraud and financial predators -- Federal Champion of the Year
- Tisa Silver -- Associate Director, Financial Education and Wellness at the University of Maryland, Baltimore -- Consumer Volunteer of the Year
Regular tickets to the event are $75/each. Students and low-income adults can buy tickets for $40/each.
Come early to enjoy cocktails and networking!
- Cocktails and mingling: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Dinner and awards presentations: 7:15 pm to 8:45 pm
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Your organization can be partner in our annual meeting as a sponsor or supporter. Sponsors get a group tickets to the event as well as special recognition in our program, our public outreach for the event, and at the event itself. They also provide critical support for MCRC's work to protect and advance fairness for all Maryland consumers. Sponsorship contributions are tax-deductible.
You can sponsor the event at four different levels:
MCRC thanks the following sponsors for their generous support of our 2014 awards event: AARP-Maryland, the Center for Responsible Lending, Fitzgerald Auto Malls, the Law Offices of E. David Hoskins, the Maryland CASH Campaign, the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA), St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, and Tracfone Wireless, Inc.
- Platinum level -- $5,000 (entitles you to 15 tickets and special recognition in our program and press materials).
- Gold level -- $2,500 (entitles you to 10 tickets and special recognition in our program and press materials).
- Silver level -- $1,000 (entitles you to 6 tickets and special recognition in our program and at the event).
- Bronze level -- $500 (entitles you 4 tickets and special recognition in our program and at the event).
You can download a flyer summarizing sponsorship opportunities here.For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Franz Schneiderman at 410-624-8981 or at Franz@marylandconsumers.org.